free website stats program New here, Question about Floating Rotors | Harley Davidson Forums

New here, Question about Floating Rotors

CroJack

I put a new set of 2017 impeller wheels from Ultra Limited on my 2010 Ultra ltd in June. To make a long story not as long, my wife and i recently took a trip from Indiana, making our way via TN, NC, SC, GA, made it to Daytona Wednesday before Biketoberfest. I had a left front rotor that rattled, literally movable vertically. While at Harley store/service, they advised the wave washers were missing, and a new rotor assembly was suggested, for safety sake. I'm cook with that, 345.00. A thousand miles later back to TN, Pigeon Forge, it is doing the same thing, not as bad, but I could move it, and it rattled as I noticed pulling into dealership. Their service looked at it, and few minutes later told me it was fixed. They had to put wave washers in it. Told them i just had it replaced. They said if they were not on it, then they had not been installed. No way for them to just come up missing. I spoke to local Harley shop, they said the same thing. After some discussion Dayton Harley is reimbursing what I spent in TN. But they swear they were installed. Any one have any insight to this?

Just 1 more dealership not to do business with! at least they made it right with you which is a surprise.

Back