free website stats program New Harley Owner. Need Opinion. | Harley Davidson Forums

New Harley Owner. Need Opinion.

Cooter

I recently purchased a 2007 CVO Screaming eagle springer. It has 6,600 miles on it. Race tuner, Bassani shotguns, all the bells and whistles, Backrest, 2 Harley helmets, Cover. Bike is in excellent condition, looks great. I think I got a great deal on this bike and so does just about everyone I have talked to or shown the bike too. I dont think I have been anywhere on it where it hasnt drawn a small crowd yet. One of my best friends is razzing me saying that it was just an average deal at best. I have the owners receipt in which he paid $28,860 out the door at his dealership(he had the tuner and pipes put on there before pickup). I paid $17,000 for it. Ive been told I stole it for that price.
I also have another question. Does bassani make exhaust shields for thier pipes. I have some blueing that seriously distracts from this bike. Thanks for any info, much appreciated.

CVO dont have high resale but for what ya got i thing its a deal .. as for heat shields easiest way to find out is check out Bassani site or email them

Thanks for the replies! Well I think it was a great deal and I LOVE the bike so that is all that really matters, right. I was really surprised at just how much power the 110 engine has. Pleasantly surprised! If I can just fix/hide the blueing problem the bike will be more than perfect. Im afraid if I use the "blue away" that it will just keep coming back. I dont think wrapping the pipes is an option, the engine is all chrome.

FYI, if you can measure the outer diameter of the pipe you want to cover, there are plenty of "universal ones" available as aftermarket chrome heat shields, from a host of manufacturers that fasten using stainless hose clamps and flanges welded to the backsides so only the chrome shows. Check out parts aggregators like JP Cycles, JC Whitney and others...or Drag Specialties or other manufacturers...

Oh man you got ripped, I feel so sorry for you I'd be willing to take it off your hands for $17.500. :D HE HE HE

Just kidding sounds like a good deal Enjoy! :bigsmiley23:

Welcome to the forum and you sound like you really got away with a steal! Im new to Harley's as well and I did a lot of shopping before i got my Fatboy. I was told i stole my bike for 9800. Look at the pics, lots of extras! Good deal for you and ride it hard bro! Again Welcome!!! :D

Back