free website stats program New H-D Owner 2020 Road Glide Limited | Harley Davidson Forums

New H-D Owner 2020 Road Glide Limited

Ray52

My name is Ray, I'm 67 and I live in west central Arkansas. The town I live in is in the Arkansas River Valley area between Little Rock and Fort Smith. It's nestled between the Ozark Mountains to the North and the Ouachita (pronounced wash-ta) Mountains to the South. Very nice place to live as Arkansas has many beautiful highways to ride on.
While I've had other motorcycles, I'm a first time H-D owner. I bought a 2020 Road Glide Limited in late December 2019 and to date have about 2900 miles on it. I had a Stage 2 cam upgrade performed in enough time to have that work included with the H-D warranty.
While I enjoy learning about this new motorcycle I have noticed some things I'm not caring for and I'm working through. My hope is that I will be riding this motorcycle without mechanical issues for many years to come but already I've been challenged with a pre-ignition issue that my sales dealer cannot resolve. I'm being referred to a dealer with a dynotuner and the appointment is tomorrow. I'll address this issue in another post.
I'm looking forward to riding many miles on the road. An extended trip through the western US states is definitely in my future when this Coronavirus issue is over. Until then I'll have to be content with long distance day trips.

Welcome to the forum, from Gulf Coast AL. Have family in Hardy did some riding around Mamouth Springs.

Welcome from Spokane Wa.
Good luck with someone getting the tune, fuel control set right.
Why does the dealer do things like this up grade but can't do it the right way?

Welcome from Spokane Wa.
Good luck with someone getting the tune, fuel control set right.
Why does the dealer do things like this up grade but can't do it the right way?

joel
Do you recall HD being sued by EPA was is last year maybe the year before, in the settlement of the suit HD had to cease adding fuel enhancing products and high flow A/C's. I agree they should not add stuff if they can't do it right.

I think it was 2017 but before the M8 engines. And the purchaser should be informed about how the changes will affect the warranty.
The selling dealer often says they will stand behind what upgrade is done if performed prior to delivery to the purchaser, but I have read when your out on a trip and a failure happens, the warranty comes into question do to the tampering clause associated with the EPA Lawsuit brought against H-D.
The CVO forum I'm a member of has many members that find out the hard way about selling dealer only warranty do to upgrade to stage 1, 2 +,
It was nice back when I did the stage 1 with Screaming Eagle Pro Race Race Turner, really made a difference.

Back