free website stats program New guy hello | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy hello

Bryanmcdermott

Hey, all I am Bryan from Delaware. I'm 58 been riding for over 40 years now. I cut my teeth on a 49 Panhead I got when I was in the Marine Corps. Rode that bike for 25 years. Hardtail, straight leg...(I know the wrong frame) but I rode that bike from coast to coast 4 times and then some. I ride every day and work in the industry. Used to be a tech but moved to sales. I got let go from Rommel HD in Smyrna Delaware after 10 years because of the decline in business after all this Covid crud. Meh, no big deal I bounce back and I have loads of time to ride now. Right now I have an 02 xl1200, an 05 Softail standard, an 06 FLHTCUSE (CVO ultra), and a 2010 FLSTFB (fatboy lo). I love them all. I really like some of the info you guys are putting out and hope I can contribute some of my own. Right now I am diagnosing the 05 Softail after riding a little (ok, a LOT) harder than I should have been. I don't have much experience with working on twin cams, but I think I may have come close to grenading her. I thought I may have blown a gasket or my exhaust was loose, but after closer inspection I didnt see any signs of blow by or smoke around the gaskets or exhaust. What I did find was a wet front spark plug hole. So I put my endoscope down the cylinders and this is what I saw...
. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Spokane Washington.
Pictures didn't work for me.
You should start a new thread on the issue in the right category, you will probably get more responses there.

Back