free website stats program New guy from Calgary and would love some help... | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy from Calgary and would love some help...

CalgaryNewB

Hello all. These are exciting times for me. After many years of having dreamed about riding, I have made the decision to get my license and a bike. Although I have looked at other brands, Harley has always been my favorite – I can’t explain why, but don’t think I need to.

I believe the kind of bike I want to own is called a bobber, please correct me if I am wrong. Now my task is to choose a Harley model that will allow me to make modifications. I understand that you can make modifications to any bike, but maybe there are some models that are easier to mod? I would love a model which can fit a 200+ tire, knowing that it impacts the riding – I just love the look.

Here is a picture of a bike I love, but I don’t believe they make the Night Train anymore.

--- Um, I guess I can't post a picture...

Any advice would really be appreciated.

K

Welcome to the forum. If you are new to riding, your criteria for selecting an H-D model should also be based on your riding skills, ease of handling, etc.

If you are planning to get your Class 6 (motorcycle) license first - via a riding course, etc - the local dealerships usually hold test ride days in the spring where you can experience the different models, etc. Check with them for dates.

The criteria should also be based on what type of riding you are planning to do as well.

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

Back