free website stats program New Grips for 2010 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

New Grips for 2010 Street Glide

retgi

Please clarify. I've read a few discussions on changing grips on throttle by wire. So does the left switch housing have to be taken apart? I read something about adding a shim? Can someone please clarify. I've done several grip swaps in the past but first time for throttle by wire and I certainly don't want to screw something up! thanks....

Easy, same as standard except the TBW does not get adhesive and must engage the TBW end on the splines so the grip rotates the TBW assy. The switch housing holds the grip in place with the lip on the grip. No more throttle sleeve, or cables.
On the left (clutch side) just rotate the old grip to break the adhesive bond and slide the old grip off.
Apply adhesive to the bars and a little on the inside of the grip and slide it on.

I changed grips on my TBW 09 RG. The link that was provided above helps alot.

Kryakyn

The shim is important, pull the front brake lever and insert some cardboard in the small gap between the lever and housing. Very easy to do.

When you put the right side back together, make sure no wires get pinched or stretched. I had a pinched wire and it kept throwing codes. I finally figured it out, loosend back up the clamps on the right side, ensured the wires were in the groove and tightened things back up. No more codes.

Enjoy!

I changed grips on my TBW 09 RG. The link that was provided above helps alot.

Kryakyn

The shim is important, pull the front brake lever and insert some cardboard in the small gap between the lever and housing. Very easy to do.

When you put the right side back together, make sure no wires get pinched or stretched. I had a pinched wire and it kept throwing codes. I finally figured it out, loosend back up the clamps on the right side, ensured the wires were in the groove and tightened things back up. No more codes.

Enjoy!

Thanks but i put them on before reading your post so hopefully I won't have any problems.

Back