free website stats program New fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

New fairing

ahern25

Got a new fairing with radio from a big company. Waited 3 months for it to be ready. Finally got a phone call and had it installed that day. First the installer told me that I might need a new antenna due to their antenna not being good. At least he was honest. Then I took the 80 mile ride home and found he was right. Nothing but static on the ride home. So I go to was my bike since I have not washed it in a while. Before water hit it I noticed a gap along the fairings edge that was not aligned. Now I have to call them back and see if they have time to fix the problem as the gap would allow water and dust to hit the radio. Not a happy customer. But we will see what they do to fix the problem.

Hopefully they will get you squared away. What to think if you are caught in a down pour??? :(

Took a long ride to the shop. They said it was the windshield. But when the tech put on a new one he noticed there was another problem. The tech stated it would be a few hours fix. I couldn't wait so went home with out a radio. :( But he said he would make it right so we will see what happens.

good luck, i hope they deliver a good product to you that will last a long time...too bad about all the waiting

So went to pick up my fairing that was fixed. When they put it on I noticed there still was a small gap between the two fairing halfs. So I pointed it out and stated my concerns for water getting inside. They stated that no fairing is water proof and even Harley fairings get water inside them. They said I would be fine in the rain just don't spray water at the fairing. So how am I suppose to wash it? It seems that they made the fairing improperly and attempted to fix it. My issue is at what point do they realize it cant be fixed and start over? I understand they don't want to waste product but you would figure they would want to make it perfect right? I would rather wait another month and get a perfect fit then rush into a product that was thrown together. They did throw in a free antenna booster which works better then the antenna it came with. But now seems the xm radio cuts out when it did not cut out the first time. I finally got upset and just took the bike home, but am just upset with the product and wanted to share my story with all of you.

So the sad soga continues. Riding in the rain and the difference of pressure front and back of fairing more than likely the rain will be pulled down the split.
Factory HD fairings can get damp inside but usally depending how hard the rain is from the bottom of fairing not the top. So you are out a lot of money and end up with a inferior product so it seems the only one that won is the shop and they to do not seem to care about your concerns. You may want to try to get a full refund or consult a legal recourse for reimbursement. :(

These guys sell lots of these things at bike shows. I have not heard bad things about them. Maybe Im the only one with the issue or maybe others have not spoke up about I don't know. Just sucks to be this customer.

I have the Reckless fairing and am extremely happy with it. The seal between the halves was inferior so I replaced it with EPDM weatherstripping from Home Depot. Problem solved.

Am new to the site, but have recently purchased a reckless fairing. Is it anyway possible for anyone on here that has bought/installed one on a road king to post some pics/instructions of the wiring that needs to be done. Their instructions aren't the best.

Back