free website stats program New exhuast | Harley Davidson Forums

New exhuast

jlbeebe

Just bought an 09 heritage with straight pipes. I'm not fond of that much noise so my dealer put vance and hines long shots on it. I asked if the motor needs retuning after changing the pipes. He says no the motor will do this automatically. Am I worrying about nothing?

Just bought an 09 heritage with straight pipes. I'm not fond of that much noise so my dealer put vance and hines long shots on it. I asked if the motor needs retuning after changing the pipes. He says no the motor will do this automatically. Am I worrying about nothing?

Im not mechanically minded but i also have a 09 Heritage which i bought from new,had the V&H longshots put on with the SERT(tuned in other words) im sure you will get some better advice shortly but i think you will need to have some adjustments made.:D good luck

Typically when changing just mufflers no problem. If pipes are also changed then some help is needed. With the exhaust done you may want to do stage 1 air cleaner upgrade and add a TFI. You will then notice the full potential of your bike.

This bike has a screamin eagle stage 4 kit. My worry is that I'll be driving this bike home(1450 miles) and I don't want any problems.

This bike has a screamin eagle stage 4 kit. My worry is that I'll be driving this bike home(1450 miles) and I don't want any problems.

May want to call them and ask what they have done to make this a Stage 4:s

The ticket he showed me said "screamin eagle stage 4 103 bigbore kit" It was installed by treasure island harley davidson in Florida. I believe the price on the ticket was about 3200.00 I asked if this is a streetable machine as I don't want a hot rod that will give me trouble in heavy traffic. He assured me I would not be unhappy with it and if I don't like it for any reason he will refund my deposit.

Have 2000 standard bagger with Maki 510 cams, 40 jets and K/N air filter. i'm thinkin bout true duals. Whats the best for more torgue and HP and what else do you think I'd need to do to get the full potential of the bike??

Just got home with my bike. The new exhaust did change things a little. When you get into it the bike will sputter and cough before it takes off. Took it to my local HD dealer. They said this is common with the change of the pipes and the difference in altitude between Florida and Iowa. They are going to get it on the Dyno thursday.

Just got home with my bike. The new exhaust did change things a little. When you get into it the bike will sputter and cough before it takes off. Took it to my local HD dealer. They said this is common with the change of the pipes and the difference in altitude between Florida and Iowa. They are going to get it on the Dyno thursday.

HMMMM, let us know what there plan is, The ecm should allow for altitude changes something does not sound right here JMO:s

Back