free website stats program New Dyno run required? | Harley Davidson Forums

New Dyno run required?

airdrie

In March of 2008, I took my bike in for a Dyno run and a custom map after getting some performance cams installed. I was running V&H Pro Pipe at the time. I was very impressed with the performance and mileage improvements that came from a good tuner providing a custom map. Later in the season I swapped out the V&H Pro pipe for a V&H Big Shots-Long. I did not change the map with the new pipes. The performance still seemed great (no noticeable change). Is there any value in updating another dyno run to update the map for the new pipes? Thanks in advance!

In March of 2008, I took my bike in for a Dyno run and a custom map after getting some performance cams installed. I was running V&H Pro Pipe at the time. I was very impressed with the performance and mileage improvements that came from a good tuner providing a custom map. Later in the season I swapped out the V&H Pro pipe for a V&H Big Shots-Long. I did not change the map with the new pipes. The performance still seemed great (no noticeable change). Is there any value in updating another dyno run to update the map for the new pipes? Thanks in advance!

Maybe Maybe not .. as long as the Air to Fuel is still Right ya should be ok but ya might not be getting all you can out of it

Most will tell you yes

Most changes in pipes will change the AFR to some degree. If you are satisfied with the running and see no surging, you could leave it as is. If you have some extra $$$ they could check your AFR so you sleep better.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't notice any surging, pops, bangs or other indication that that map is not fine. I fear that it may be slightly richer than with the pro-pipe which may explain the slight loss of range on a tank, but it hasn't impacted performance.

Back