free website stats program New drivers backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

New drivers backrest

Has anyone installed the new drivers back rest on a 2009 roadking?
Its the new one with the push button adjuster.
Roger

I have the reg driver backrest on my 09 RG. If I recall, there was a similar posting about 6-8 months ago debating the two, push button adjustment to the reg drivers backrest. Maybe a search will find it. If I find it, I'll post the link.

Ride safe and have fun.

I have the full adjustable backrest on my RG & I love it , the backrest moves from front to back & has the button to move the pad up & down . The adjustable riders backrest is a great upgrade which provides great riders comfort IMO

i installed one on my 09 ultra. not as complicated as it looks on the directions. about an hour to install. the only issue i had was trying to keep the cable from rubbing the paint off the fender. check under the driver side thigh heat guard if your bike has them before tearing apart as mine already had one of the parts in the kit istalled from the factory.

I bought one for my 09 RK. One of the guys at work said get the adjustable and I'm glad I did. I have noticed if I use it in the twisties, I don't ride as well and I get a sore back. So I only use it on long trips. However, with the adjustable, you can press the lever and push it back out of the way while riding.

Another tip, I placed a nylon cable tie where the cable enters the machanism. It kept slipping out of the groove and the latch wouldn't work.

As for the cable rubbing the paint under the fender, I wrap a small piece of "T" shirt rag around the cable where it touches the paint. No scratches yet although It's under the seat anyway but at some point I may install a single seat for cruising.

I just installed the adjustable rest and the directions do look difficult but the install is really easy. Take your time and go for it!!!

Back rest is on and I really love it. Was'nt that bad of a job. I think it will be well worth the money. Thanks for all the replies.
Roger

Back