free website stats program New clunk when releasing clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

New clunk when releasing clutch

CRCKR

Hey guys,
Since I moved out of Florida I changed my name from Florida_Scott to CRCKR (My Arizona license plate.)

In any case, I recently changed the trans fluid on my '12 SuperGlide and noticed that, when under load/high acceleration I am getting a notable CLUNK when I drop the clutch after upshifting I'm not sure if it is the added HP and air since I added a big sucker and did a FuelPak3 tune on it. It isn't during the actual shift, which goes smooth, it is when I drop the clutch quickly.

Any thoughts?

Will do, Jack. Gonna be another rained out weekend here in the upper desert so I'll get to it on Saturday. Thanks.

Did you use the same tranny fluid or did you change brands? I take it because you didn't mention it, no other work was done other than the fluid change?

No noise prior to fluid change?

Did you use the same tranny fluid or did you change brands? I take it because you didn't mention it, no other work was done other than the fluid change?
No noise prior to fluid change?

Hey Jeff,

No notable noise before the change.

After checking / confirming with the service manual I used Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50. It had factory juice in it before.

I changed over to Redline shockproof a couple years ago and it made a noticeable difference with shifting.
I like the idea that it coats and sticks to the gears, looks like pepto bismol and you can sure tell if you have any leaks.

BUBBIE your new AZ neighbor swears by Redline shockproof so I gave it a try and like it.

Try what Jack suggested, sounds like the clutch needs a little tweaking.
Good luck.

I changed over to Redline shockproof a couple years ago and it made a noticeable difference with shifting.
I like the idea that it coats and sticks to the gears, looks like pepto bismol and you can sure tell if you have any leaks.

BUBBIE your new AZ neighbor swears by Redline shockproof so I gave it a try and like it.

Try what Jack suggested, sounds like the clutch needs a little tweaking.
Good luck.

Couple of my bros in FLA use Redline in their shovels. I'll check it out on my next fluids change out or sooner if this keeps nagging at me.

You say you changed the trans fluid. Has the primary been changed also and proper amount refilled?

My bike hates mobile 1 . Way noiser top end and every once in a while shifts weird. I am going to redline in tranny and primary.

I would try the redline, my gearcase got better after I changed out the factory oil and redlined it. It has a kind of cushion-y effect.

Cracker :)

Back