free website stats program New charging system | Harley Davidson Forums

New charging system

Gezzer Glide

Contributor
Just installed my new charging system from http://www.cycleelectricinc.com.
Replaced the stator,rotor and regulator. It's an upgrade from single phase 40amp system to triple phase 50amp system. The switch out was easy enough to do with no special tools reguired. My volt meter is sitting steady around 14 volts. The lights seem to be brighter. Haven't driven it far yet but things seem to be working fine so far...Thanks for all your help in working this out...Gezzer Glide. :bigsmiley12:

Good to hear. Great job, now get out and enjoy it.

Cool! Was your old stator bad?

I've got the primary off so wondering if I should upgrade. What was the best price you found? My stator tests ok on the ohmmeter but I forgot to check it running before I tore into the primary. I see a small bit of insulation missing one one of the wires too.

Cool! Was your old stator bad?

I've got the primary off so wondering if I should upgrade. What was the best price you found? My stator tests ok on the ohmmeter but I forgot to check it running before I tore into the primary. I see a small bit of insulation missing one one of the wires too.

My regulator went bad but I decided to replace the whole system to get the upgrade. The cost for parts was $407 at Amazon which was the best price I found.

Back