free website stats program new bobber | Harley Davidson Forums

new bobber

gunnut

Hi guys n gals,today I road tested the new street bobber,at least the english version(if there is such a thing)
It didnt like corners much,and didnt like coming out of them once it got used to the idea.
Hit 70 mph and got a little front wheel wobble(?????)
I'm used to forward controls,so my legs got tangled up in the mid frame jobs,and I ended up struggling with a couple of nearly dislocated hips!
The 6 speed was nice and crisp up and down the box,but the throttle seemed to lag ever so slightly.
Apart from that,it wasnt to bad a ride! but I wouldnt buy one,the new softail caught my eye...hey hey..THERES a bike!!!

So I take it you didn't like it.

I love mine. I'm 6'2" so mine has forward controls.
I corner great on mine. It's very predictable and does what I ask.
With the 21" front wheel and fatter rear tire I have installed you would think cornering would have suffered. That's not my experience. I actually speed up for corners.
mybobathome.jpg

Different strokes for different....
You get the idea.

Well,there you go Hobbit,rumors and reality...becuase we're down here in janner land,and our nearest main dealer is up bei Bristol,maybe that says something about the difference between the north and south?Dont like the crossbones either,but horses for courses......Think my glide has spoilt me.

Back