free website stats program New Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike

navydad

It turned out to be a great day last Friday. Took the UC in for a little work when my wife agreed to buying a new Road Glide Ultra.

Congratulations are obviously in order!

However, I'm always looking to further educate myself so I'd love to hear some of the thought process that went into your deal.

You traded in a 2010 Ultra Classic for a 2011 RG Ultra, right? Was there something about the UC you were not happy with? Had you always secretly wanted a RG and pulled the trigger when they came out with the RG Ultra? Was it a color thing?

Congrats...i saw an Ultra Classic Screaming Eagle Yesterday. Beautiful, but at $37000 a little over budget for me.

Enjoy your new bike.

cass

Congratulations on the new steed. Was talking with the local HD dealer last week and he told me they are selling more Road Glides than Electra Glides.
Wonder if this is the new trend???

I've got an '05RG and couldn't be happier with it. But I have to stop reading about the new ones with all the trimmings. You guys are going to be hard on my wallet. Congrats on the new ride, Let us know what you thing once you get a chance to put some miles on it.

Congrats on the new ride. Would you call it a lateral trade or a step-up? Now you have to change your avatar.

It turned out to be a great day last Friday. Took the UC in for a little work when my wife agreed to buying a new Road Glide Ultra.

Navydad, congratulations on your new ride...and a very generous wife indeed. I always liked the idea of a frame mounted fairing for large touring bikes...more closed in center of gravity makes for a lighter handling machine for the long haul. And this from a sport touring rider...LOL:small3d031:

I traded the UC in and would definitely call this a step IMO. I decided to make the switch because the RG handles the windy conditions better on the road than the UC. I also felt the ride was a lot smoother. I wanted to go with a bigger engine than the 96 since we ride two a lot.

I'll try to figure out how to get the pictures uploaded.

Attachments

• Bike.doc.docx
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Back