free website stats program New Bike Help | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike Help

garberrj

Hello, just yesterday I purchased my first motorcycle, the Iron 883, and had a question. When in neutral is the indicator light supposed to stay lit? My ligh flickers briefly before going out. Also on the ride home from the dealership I noticed my left mirror was loose as it moved with the wind. I tried to tighten the nut but it is still loose. Anyone else have this problem? I'm sorry if these are obvious questions but like I said it is my first bike.

Neutral light should stay lit in neutral no matter what .. and the mirror being loose is either missing star washer or stripped

Thats what I thought but wanted to make sure before I went back to the dealership sounding stupid. Thanks.

Garberrj, welcome to HDTimeline...and no, there is nothing wrong or stupid about asking things that are so fundemental of a quality ride...especially relating to an operational or safety issue. Those sorts of things should have been picked up on during the dealer "prep" and one the dealer should not even question! JMHO :coffee

Garberrj, welcome to HDTimeline...and no, there is nothing wrong or stupid about asking things that are so fundemental of a quality ride...especially relating to an operational or safety issue. Those sorts of things should have been picked up on during the dealer "prep" and one the dealer should not even question! JMHO :coffee

NEWHDFAN has you covered here it looks like they did not do a properPDI on your bike, its not your fault and it should not have happened. Back to the dealer and be polite but firm, Jack

Concur with everyone.Dont accept poor pre-delivery service on anything!Take it back and demand(politely of course)that it all be rectified.

ps:if you dont ask a question,you'll never learn anything.:s

garberrj, welcome to the forum, congrats on your new ride, be safe and watch all around you for cages. The people on this forum got you covered on every question and again if you have a question ask it, these people are caring and knowledgeable.

Welcome to HDT. You have chosen an excellent forum as you will find much helpful info and good people as well. The guys have you covered and now just get it back to the dealer. While you're there, pick up a service manual, it will be helpful in the future and will save you some money. Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy and ride safe.

It's always good to be a little more informed before going to the dealer. Helps the dealer out some and you feel confident bringing forward the concerns and making sure they are addressed. It's a win-win.

Also, don't let these few minor quirks get your down b/c you now own one of the most "awesome" motorcycle brands in America. The dealer will fix & you'll enjoy many miles of riding into the sunset. Congrats on the new bike!

Back