New Battery

Mongo1958

What's the battery that you like best?

I found one of these for about $105

436z_hYIX30HL_Harley_Davidson_Motorcycle_Scorpion_AGM_Battery_md.jpg

What's the battery that you like best?

I found one of these for about $105

436z_hYIX30HL_Harley_Davidson_Motorcycle_Scorpion_AGM_Battery_md.jpg

Genuine Harley Davidson, got a battery for my Roadglide for 145 in tax free New Hampshire.
Listed around 180, but get 20% off Harley parts at Nashua and Manchester Harley.
Remember you get what you pay for!
Good Luck
WAP.gif

When I BUY a battery, I First compare the Weight of the replacement not so much the $$ amount.

I have found that the last few batterys for me, have been HD replacements and have worked fine...

Many other good quality batterys are out there, but hard to beat a HD replacement. when ON Sale Helps.

Also checking at a Honda/Metric shop finds a good quality, High power ones and Usually I have found that type shop less :53: than the HD....:bigsmiley12:

signed....BUBBIE

East Penn - Deka makes HD batteries the last I heard and sell them for less.

That is true that Deka manufactures the battery for HD. But when you sit down and compare spec for spec, there is something strange going on between the two batteries. They actually don't match size for size and CCA for CCA. I called Deka to find out what the deal was but they would not give me any straight answers. They told me "you will have to call Harley and ask them why that is".
Just something weird about that.

i'm trying the SHORAI adv. lithium Iron battery in my'09 tri-glide. $315.00 it measures 3.39"x6.55" x6.10 in height. and only weighs 5 lb..
i bought it from battrery stuff.com cost a lot more & you have to buy a special charger that charges only specific cells if needed. in winter you can store it in the ice box. for max life. i had to use the provided rubber padding to take up the extra space around the battery.,BUT it sure is nice to lift the battery out of the tray with no problem (5lbs).
i have had good luck with it & it works great. lb

Two of my bikes have HD batteries that seem to last for a long time when looked after however my softail came without a battery and bought a good quality agm battery which worked well for over 4 years till the voltage regulator failed and cooked it so i think any quality battery of suitable size and power should be sufficient

Brian

Batteries are something I never go cheap on...gotta have the starting power, when needed. HD's pretty much for my bike are the norm.

I've had good luck with the HD batteries. My 07 E Glide still had the factory battery when I sold the bike back in January. When I had my VStar, I got one at Batteries Plus since Yamaha wanted $200. But, 6 months later, it developed an internal short and left me dead along the side of the road. It was replaced under warranty, but it didn't pay for my $35 tow and two hours of shop time to figure out what went wrong. Guess I didn't save anything in going cheap.

I use an Odyssey. It holds its charge for seriously long times and has plenty of starting current, even after weeks of not running.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back