free website stats program new 16" front wheel fitted | Harley Davidson Forums

new 16" front wheel fitted

bish68

finally changed the front end on my 07 bob.now it looks the way it should!

Attachments

• new front wheel 010.jpg
    new front wheel 010.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 120
  • new front wheel 015.jpg
    new front wheel 015.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 99
Looks good! I like it. When I saw it in the Dyna Gallery I had to do a double check to see if it was a Fat Bob or a Street Bob. Nice work.

thanks mate.i,ve always liked the fat wheel look.been itching to do this since i bought the bike in 07.only problem now is i need a fatter back wheel.will the madness ever end!!

thanks mate.i,ve always liked the fat wheel look.been itching to do this since i bought the bike in 07.only problem now is i need a fatter back wheel.will the madness ever end!!

:D I just put the wide tire kit on mine, made a big difference and already got a comment on it. Kit was a piece of cake to install (I'll post my experience as soon as I get a few minutes, as I took under fender pics and such).

bish68, i also converted mine to the 16" in a couple of months ago, did you find the steering was a little tighter ? the bike wan'ts to standup faster than before when cornering..
also what front fender did you use? i'm still running naked. just havent found the right look for the front yet.

bish68, i also converted mine to the 16" in a couple of months ago, did you find the steering was a little tighter ? the bike wan'ts to standup faster than before when cornering..
also what front fender did you use? i'm still running naked. just havent found the right look for the front yet.

i,ve not had a chance to ride it since i fitted the wheel,should be out on it this weekend.the front fender started out as an aftermarket replica of standard dyna type front fender.i chopped about 6" off it and widened it by about 1.5" and made my own brackets.i looked around but couldnt find anything off the shelf that looked right.so custom seems to be the only way to go.

:D I just put the wide tire kit on mine, made a big difference and already got a comment on it. Kit was a piece of cake to install (I'll post my experience as soon as I get a few minutes, as I took under fender pics and such).

hows the profile look on the wide tyre kit? i was thinking bout putting a 16 on the back to match the front with a tall profile like a 170/80/16.
anybody on here done that? got any pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are pics of it after the install. Note these are stock shocks. If you really wanted to fill out the fender some more you could put 11" shocks on it. I'm going to post a more comprehensive post of what the wide tire kit provides before and after with the new brackets. Hopefully tonight, but have to see how much time I have.
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg

That looks killer man. I am planning on doing the same to mine. What size wheel and tire did you go with?

Thanks,
Brandon

Back