free website stats program Neutral switch input short | Harley Davidson Forums

Neutral switch input short

While out riding today the red key light and the neutral light popped on. After getting home I ran the codes and sure nuff, "B1155 neutral switch input short to battery" came up. I should mention that the neutral light and red key did go off shortly after coming on as I continued to ride. My question is, where would I look to find this particular wire? Is it fairly easy to track down, and what would cause it to short?

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Mark

While out riding today the red key light and the neutral light popped on. After getting home I ran the codes and sure nuff, "B1155 neutral switch input short to battery" came up. I should mention that the neutral light and red key did go off shortly after coming on as I continued to ride. My question is, where would I look to find this particular wire? Is it fairly easy to track down, and what would cause it to short?

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Mark

In the service manual there is a section in the back with schematics. You would have to find the section this switch is in, more then likely transmission/drivetrain. It will tell you what the color of the wire is, and will also show you the other wires that run with it in that harness. I am not for sure how yours is, but most switches like this use the ground to send the signal that tiggers the light to come on. More then likely, and again this is not a fact, you have a bad nuetral switch. Have you done any work on the bike recently or maybe while cleaning you were a little agressive wire some wires?

sirmarksalot, so what did you end up doing to fix this problem? I just had the same problem. It only happened once so far but it means something. On mine the neutral indicator light was blinking as if it was shorting out then I noticed the key light was on as well. I would like to know what you found out.

sirmarksalot, so what did you end up doing to fix this problem? I just had the same problem. It only happened once so far but it means something. On mine the neutral indicator light was blinking as if it was shorting out then I noticed the key light was on as well. I would like to know what you found out.

Try following the link in gliders post above to see if that helps and also check for any diagnostics codes.

09-08-07 DTC Codes - Harley Davidson Community

You can pull the codes and let us know what you get.

Harley Davidson Community

Back