free website stats program Need some seat recommendations | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some seat recommendations

I currently have a Sundowner on my RG which is more than comfortable for me even for the long hall. Problem is my rider (5'-1") has a numb bum after only a half hour or so of riding. Does anybody have passenger seat recommendations? Perhaps one that is more sculpted like the front? Thanks!

check meancitycycles.com they are good from all that i have read and they are not out to rape you.you tell them what its doing your hieght and weight and the mold it to you with memorty foam just check it out !

we baught a mustang seat wife had num butt alsu we taiked to a local upholstery place who works on bike seats hi installed gell pads into the seat we love them wrode the bike out to 105th and back no problms (781-286-1125 in mass)

You Should be able to move the passanger floor boards up one notch (if they are still in the stock position). If that does not do it, try a set of passenger pegs from Kuryakyn. They bolt on the passanger board bracket Lets the passanger raise up their feet about 6 inches. This should unload the inner thigh and let the passanger be more comfortable.

If you don't want to change seats, you could try a gel pad or Airhawk pad for the passenger portion of your current seat and see if that helps.

As Mattman said . Move up the footboards first? My wife is about 5'2" (i'm 6'7" hahaha) She complained constantly about a sore but. I moved up the foot boards and voila she did one 600 mile day without a peep. May not work for you but is cheaper then changing seat first?

Mattman, Have already raised the footboards and have the Kuryakyn pegs installed, still having problems. I've visted the meancitycycle website and that may be the way for me to go. I think I'll also look into the EG seat as Smitty has suggested. Thanks, all!

Moving the passenger footboards is definately the first thing to try. It helped my wife a lot. She still complains some,, but she's a Princess, and that's her job.:newsmile092:

Mattman, Have already raised the footboards and have the Kuryakyn pegs installed, still having problems. I've visted the meancitycycle website and that may be the way for me to go. I think I'll also look into the EG seat as Smitty has suggested. Thanks, all!

Sounds like you ran out all the options. Have not used Mean City but there are many good reviews of their work.
Let us know how it works out.

Back