free website stats program Need some input on fuel tuner on FLSTC 2013 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some input on fuel tuner on FLSTC 2013

ptuck

I have FLSTC 2013 with adds--Vance Hines long bigshots, Roland Sands heavy breather, 254E cams and SE race tuner.
Bike was dyno by HD dealer when parts were installed last year.
It runs good but rear cylinder kicks out very often in traffic. I live in Texas so it is hot here. An indep. shop here say's it is running to lean and dealer will not tune it rich due to EPA. So he say's that I need an add on tuner. Is he right and which tuner do I get.
HELP!!!!!!

Are not the new bikes equipped to automatically disengage rear cylinder through the ETIMS system???????????

Yes but I have been told that it only kicks in when the motor is to hot. And they say it's to lean.

If you have the SE RACE Tuner find someone else to tune the bike besides THAT dealer. This tuner can be used to tune properly by the right tuner.

keep the race tuner its a great piece of kit and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANOTHER TUNER !!!!!!!
find a dealer who will tune the bike properly , the ETMIS system is now on most bikes and cuts out in traffic and only does this on the rear jug, if you can get the software im sure you can turn the heat management switching off, i just dont have the software infront of me to check as im at work

I turn my ETMS On-OFF.... *** Motor running at Idle, twist the throttle Backwards away from idle stop.... and hold it ? (20 seconds) until the light on the Cruise blinks off/or On depending if off or of... green to Orange- Off.. Turning throttle away from you is the off-on switch...

I Quit Dobecks while back and now use a SE Pro HD race tuner and Man am I happy... I ended up getting my own PC and Tuning CD's to install my own Tune...

Working quite nicely and I would never Have the HD shop I Used to tune again... 400$$ down the tube...A private shop OR a HD shop that is KNOWN to tune the bike correctly... (or go My route)

The Race tuner takes them off the hook for EPA (off road use ONLY):rofl... The HD shop I used did a lousy tune and I was getting 29 to 39 best and Not running good...
Now getting a SOLID 44 MPG on Every ride and NOT Lean...

I installed (myself) a 2010/11 tune using my SE Pro-tuner and MAN what a GOOD change... I'm getting good mileage and POWER with NO Ping.
My 09 King is recent 103" build, SE 255 cams, gaterman lifters, SE air, Heads by Don of Dewey's Heads up in Wa State... Singh grooved and PR.s installed:D

Hope you get a decent Tune... Like Hobbit says; That HD Pro tuner is a good one...:s

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE Where did you get the CD?

Learning CD is here out of the 2014 SE catalog

2014 Screamin Eagle Catalog AND Buy the connection wires for your SE pro IF you want to do it yourself.

The SE Tuning STUFF Program is only offered by HD as a Down-load and this is what you need on your PC to install the necessary tunes OR change them.

you can get free software now.

you cannot update a pre 2014 software anymore. you have to download the 2014 software, it is now free.
http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson...uperTuner.aspx

(Looks like above link cannot be had off my mac, iT should work off a PC using a different internet connection)

Enter the number off your unit. serial number OR

entering all 111111111111 seems to work as serial #

Here is a lot to read on this site....

SE Pro Super Tuner + Smart Tune Software - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

READ the last two pages for this information...

Good Tuning

signed....BUBBIE

If you have the SE RACE Tuner find someone else to tune the bike besides THAT dealer. This tuner can be used to tune properly by the right tuner.

+1; nothing wrong with the SERT as it is a great tuner but not every tuner knows how to use it. Many dealer tuners are not true "tuners"; they load a map as close to the motor configuration as they can get, put the bike on the dyno, tweak and call it good. A proper tune with a sophisticated tuner like the SERT, TTS, etc. will take 30 to 60 pulls and 2-3 hours. Run, not walk, away from that dealer tech/tuner and find someone that knows what they are doing. Don't know where in Texas you live but if south Texas, call Mike Lozano in New Braunfels; if near Dallas, call Steve at GMR Performance, if near Houston, call Republic of Texas HD and ask for Burt Cherry.

Back