free website stats program Need new battery for '04 Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Need new battery for '04 Road Glide

Always had good luck with the HD batteries.If you go with an aftermarket brand just make sure its sealed.A battery is not something Id buy online.

I would stay with the H-D battery. Years ago I bought a "cheap" battery for a metric bike and it did not last. I suspected the vibration broke a plate and it did not hold a charge. It only lasted for about one year. A few bucks now will save you more in the long run.

I would stay with the HD battery also. Remember the CCA is what you are interested in. Don't buy a battery with less than 300 CCA (cold cranking amps) in it. That translates into the power to start the engine. Cheaper batteries usually don't last as long and the CCA may also be lower.

Any suggestions? HD dealery wants $150. What type would you recommend and has anyone bought one online?

Thanks

I bought an ODYSSEY Drycell PC 925LMJ online from here:

Odyssey PC925

Specs on the battery are here:

Odyssey PC925 LMJ

The battery was not cheap, although as I remember it seems it was less than what you are saying the HD battery would be. Also, I have just started using a tender (Battery Tender Jr.) every time I park it.

TQ

Back