free website stats program Need Input... Buying My Wife Some Heated Gloves | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Input... Buying My Wife Some Heated Gloves

WHM1

My wife loves to ride her bike even if the weather is a little cold. We ride here year round and on a nice sunny day of 40+ my wife's only complaint is her hands get cold. Tell me your experience with heated gloves and recommendation as to brand and quality. Most riders here do not ride if it's 40 and under and I do not know anyone personally who wears heated clothes or gloves.

gerbing - excellent quality and worth the money.

OK.... just returned from local Harley Dealer... They just received a shipment of mens gloves and vest. Store can order from another store within the state who has inventory on the women's... looked at the mens gloves and may end up buying for myself. I think the jacket and gloves is the way to go... one of the guys there uses both and rides his bike to work all winter and says riding in cold weather with the heated jacket and gloves rocks. It seems much easier to have the jacket for the comfort and makes a better fit to plug the gloves into the sleeves and jackets keeps the wires concealed. Any comments with fellow members here?

Gerbings makes the heated gear for Harley. Find a Gerbings dealer and buy from them. I believe it is cheaper that way. Our Gerbins dealer gives HOG members a discount. It is the way to go. Gets cold in Maryland and we ride as long as it is not snowing. We are going to pick up our gear right after Christmas. Just can't afford two sets before the holiday. Tired of being cold! The folks we ride with have it and they love it. Well worth it!!!!
You may what to conside the dual controller so you can have the jacket one temp and the gloves another.

Gerbings makes the heated gear for Harley. Find a Gerbings dealer and buy from them. I believe it is cheaper that way. Our Gerbins dealer gives HOG members a discount. It is the way to go. Gets cold in Maryland and we ride as long as it is not snowing. We are going to pick up our gear right after Christmas. Just can't afford two sets before the holiday. Tired of being cold! The folks we ride with have it and they love it. Well worth it!!!!
You may what to conside the dual controller so you can have the jacket one temp and the gloves another.

YOU ARE CORRECT !! I ordered my wife the jacket liner and gloves from my local Harley dealer this week. Later I did a search and found a local shop that sells the Gerbing brand and they are cheaper. BUT the local Harley Dealer just announced that from today until Christmas all clothing and parts in stock 21% off and if it has to be ordered 12% OFF. I will pick mine up at the store selling the Gerbing brand the day after Christmas. I believe here we only need the liner and gloves along with the dual control and will report how it all works after Christmas...

I just bought a pair of Gerbing heated gloves this past Saturday. Sweet. I went to a local BMW dealer to buy them. They were $45 cheaper than at the Harley dealer.

Gerbing is the king on the heated gear. Gotta watch how the jackets fit. You want a pretty snug fig to get the most advantage out of the electric gear. Kanetsu makes a vest that you inflate to snug up the fit. It is more efficient that way since you are heating less air (well they say it is more efficient) I just know it works.

OK... can't wait until Christmas.... Received my wife's heated jacket liner and heated gloves today. Ordered from my local Harley dealer because of the big sale they are having, bringing the price in line with Gerbings. Bought mine from the local BMW bike dealer (Gerbings) and ready to ride on colder days. MY wife is such a trooper and will be excited to ride on the colder days we passed on last year. Does not get that cold here and will now ride on those marginal days above the freezing mark.

A little trick I learned with the heated gloves.
Plug in and let them warm up as the bike idles in the cold at first start. Once they are warm, you can ride off and they stay nice and warm as opposed to letting them heat up as you ride in the cold.

A little trick I learned with the heated gloves.
Plug in and let them warm up as the bike idles in the cold at first start. Once they are warm, you can ride off and they stay nice and warm as opposed to letting them heat up as you ride in the cold.

Thanks for the tip... would like to try them out but do not want to get caught by the wife. If I go out to the bike garage she's right behind me thinking I may take off without her.

Back