free website stats program Need Info On Corbin Heated Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Info On Corbin Heated Seat

Webbtron

Banned
I've been looking into upgrading my stock seat (2000 RKClassic). Because my free time is in the cold months I thought this might be a solid improvement. Anyone out there tried a heated seat? It is pricy Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Harley Davidson Road King Motorcycles | 800-538-7035 ... I need the back rest and so I'm looking at a $1000.
I know the heated grips generally get poo poo'd. And I've read about making your own gear but I doubt I'll try that. My last trip 350 mile trip to my Brothers for pheasant season opening day I got really cold coming back into the famous Kansas wind

I never understood why somebody would invest in a heated seat. Yeah, it might keep your buns warm but that is usually the last part to get cold because it isn't the part exposed to the wind. Warm buns with freezing legs and chest isn't helping anybody. If I were you I would invest in a quality set of heated gear with gloves and jacket. That should keep you much warmer than a heated seat and would be more affordable as well.

That is a good point, this all started by trying to improve my Wife's saddle time. She can only ride about 200 miles on the stock passenger seat. The heated portion of the seat is $200 so this seat unheated is $499.

Don't have an opinion on heated seats, but Corbin makes a well made nice looking seat. Keep in mind that Corbin says it takes 800 to 1500 miles to break in their seat. Thats the passenger seat also.

Don't have an opinion on heated seats, but Corbin makes a well made nice looking seat. Keep in mind that Corbin says it takes 800 to 1500 miles to break in their seat. Thats the passenger seat also.
That is what I understand from reading about the seats, but there is not that much out there on the pros and cons of a heated seat. In fact I think a Sundowner was the only other heated seat I saw..

That is what I understand from reading about the seats, but there is not that much out there on the pros and cons of a heated seat. In fact I think a Sundowner was the only other heated seat I saw..

I have a HD Sun Ray heated seat on my Ultra. I have used it a couple times. It is nice and feels real warm on a 45 degree day. The dealer put the seat on as an add-on, but then I had them knock that cost and a few more $ off the total price tag, so it was a good deal and I got a few gucci add-ons.

Not sure if I would buy the seat only because of the cost, they are about $700. It is a comfortable seat as well.

Hope that helps.

I've got to agree with Dswartz. For the $1000 you're thinking about investing in a heated seat, you could get each of you a very nice set of heated liners that'll keep your whole body warm.

Yes, I've heard that the Corbins take a while to break in.
Sitting on the showroom floor, I saw a Corbin on a 2003 Big Twin (don't remember the model) so I took advantage of being able to sit on it.
(I've always used Mustang seats.)

It was like a park bench. Hard.....!
On a 2003, I'd think it would have had enough time to "break-in."

Good seats I guess but I'll stick to my Mustang.
Good luck....

On a sub zero morning I like the heated seats in the jeep.But I had the heated Zeppelin seat on my bike and I would only turn it on for the first couple minutes on a real cold day.
For $400. you can get a Gerbing jacket liner,G-3 gloves and a dual controller.
One of the best investments I have made to extend my riding season.
Steve07 how long has your heated gloves and liner lasted?

I've got to agree with Dswartz. For the $1000 you're thinking about investing in a heated seat, you could get each of you a very nice set of heated liners that'll keep your whole body warm.
I seeded that point but again the heated part of the seat is "only" $200. Mr Steve07 spent $400 ball park on the Gerbing jacket liner and gloves/ double controller. I just wish I could field test the seat, I think in the high end houses some folks have heated toilets seats.

I have a HD Sun Ray heated seat on my Ultra. I have used it a couple times. It is nice and feels real warm on a 45 degree day. The dealer put the seat on as an add-on, but then I had them knock that cost and a few more $ off the total price tag, so it was a good deal and I got a few gucci add-ons.

Not sure if I would buy the seat only because of the cost, they are about $700. It is a comfortable seat as well.

Hope that helps.
This helps a lot. I think the Sun Ray is a model in the Sundowner line. At least when I searched for Sundowner it took me straight to HD's web site Thanks Harley38 I know it is cold in Maryland

Last edited by a moderator:
Back