free website stats program Need Hint on Removing Front Turn Singals | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Hint on Removing Front Turn Singals

ultralimited

Can anyone suggest a good way to remove the front turn signals from a touring bike? The problem is the inbound bolt on the each turn signal is so close to the passing lamp bracket that I can only get about an 1/16 turn with the allen wrench.
I bought a set of LED front turn signals from HD and each turn signal must be replaced. Getting that one inbound screw off and on is a real pain. Not only that, the existing passing lamp hot wire must be used with the new LED signal so you have to remove it from the old socket and install it in the new, supplied socket. Porblem is , it must be striped from the old signal wire harness and mated with the new harness. Point is, it is much more involved that the product lituture lets on.

I use a set of ball-head (sp) allens they are a bit longer than a normal set. Bought mine at Sears years ago.

Definitely go buy the ball-headed allen wrenches. You will use them again and it is a night-mare to do this mod without them. With them it is only a pain in the neck.

Hi Guy,
As we speak, I've had those signals off twice now trying to adjust my spots. Both of them (signals) are hanging right now. The ball end allens won't go in there and i'm afraid that you are just gonna have to deal with the short turn of the allens and grin and bear it. Having owned a couple of MG's this is standard operating procedure. One thing I did do is shorten up (cutting) the wrench so that I had a little more clearence. I'd advise that if you want your spots adjusted, take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. My LED turn signals had a normal socket on it so it was plug and play.
Craig

Hi Guy,
As we speak, I've had those signals off twice now trying to adjust my spots. Both of them (signals) are hanging right now. The ball end allens won't go in there and i'm afraid that you are just gonna have to deal with the short turn of the allens and grin and bear it. Having owned a couple of MG's this is standard operating procedure. One thing I did do is shorten up (cutting) the wrench so that I had a little more clearence. I'd advise that if you want your spots adjusted, take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. My LED turn signals had a normal socket on it so it was plug and play.
Craig

If I remember right I have a Snap On socket FRX181 made for adjusting and or removing the Spot lights

I made my own out of an extra socket laying around. Sure does make the job easier.

Back