free website stats program Need Help Springer instabilty | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help Springer instabilty

rjimevans

I have a 99 1200 Sportster bobber. I just installed a DNA springer front end . I have a 21 inch front wheel and a fatboy tire and rim on back. I was told that I needed a 2 under frontend from DNA . When I told them that I had a 21 inch front wheel they sent a 4 under dna springer frontend. I also bought the bearings for dna and I bought the adapter to go from my high rise set up for handlbars to adapt to this dna springer front end. I don't know how to adjust SPRINGER BEARING ADJUSTMENT. My bike won't set on kickstand with handlebars hard right. I was told frontend is to short. Please someone tell me how to adjust steering bearing adjustment and what can I do about trail now! This bike has 400 skulls ;custom skull headlight-- to hand made skull tailight. Sure hope someone can help me get it to handle like it use to. The bike only has 6000 miles on it. Custom skull paint job by Dago; bobber alligator seat and Z handlebars. The colors are green , with blue marble flames and skulls, pinstriped in orange. Everything else is chrome.

I have a 99 1200 Sportster bobber. I just installed a DNA springer front end . I have a 21 inch front wheel and a fatboy tire and rim on back. I was told that I needed a 2 under frontend from DNA . When I told them that I had a 21 inch front wheel they sent a 4 under dna springer frontend. I also bought the bearings for dna and I bought the adapter to go from my high rise set up for handlbars to adapt to this dna springer front end. I don't know how to adjust SPRINGER BEARING ADJUSTMENT. My bike won't set on kickstand with handlebars hard right. I was told frontend is to short. Please someone tell me how to adjust steering bearing adjustment and what can I do about trail now! This bike has 400 skulls ;custom skull headlight-- to hand made skull tailight. Sure hope someone can help me get it to handle like it use to. The bike only has 6000 miles on it. Custom skull paint job by Dago; bobber alligator seat and Z handlebars. The colors are green , with blue marble flames and skulls, pinstriped in orange. Everything else is chrome.

I'm not sure I understand how you ended up with a 4 under when you said you needed a 2 under. What was the original front wheel dia? Is the neck still stock?

Back