free website stats program Need help, guidance, suggestions please.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help, guidance, suggestions please..

hammerhead pat

2011 FLHR with 1600 miles
Stage one done at 200 miles--Fuelpak, V02 a/c and American Custom slip-ons.
Killed the cat at the 1000 mile mark.
Bike has run flawless!!!
Went out today for a quick ride and about 5 miles out the "limp mode" kicked in while I was puttin' along, probably 50mph or so. Cycled the ignition a few times and got some throttle back and headed back to the house, "limp mode kicked in again and I decided to pull over and use my roadside assistance. After 2 1/2 hrs of waiting for the towtruck, I fired the bike up and road it gingerly home and passed the towtruck on the way. I'm guessing the bike cooled down in 2 1/2 hrs and allowed me to get home.:newsmile071: I looked in the help section here and only found help for looking up 2010 codes, Am I right in assum....errr... guessing that it is the same process for 2011's?
I'm fried right now and will get on this thing in the morning so all opinions are welcome and appreciated!
BTW, A number of people stopped and offered help and that was a very pleasant surprise. One of the cars that stopped even gave me a beer(lifesaver). I definetly will be more considerate the next time I see someone on the side of the road!! Thanks in advance and I'm sure there will be more questions coming....

Well I just tried to pull the codes and this is what I came up with
P 32933-11

S 68920-07

SP 67557-08a

T nothing displayed

B nothing displayed( Don't have abs)

If I'm not mistaken, these are the part numbers for the items being scanned/checked?? I did see the word " none" appear as I was trying to write everything down( I'll try again later and see if everything is the same).

I'm gonna check the fuelpak to make sure it is all secure and also the module on the back of the a/c, I'll apply some dialectric grease as well. As stated in original post, after sitting on the side of the road for 2 1/2 hrs it fired up and didn't stumble on the way home, all 5 miles!! Gonna keep checking, thanks...

When working at the Harley dealer, from time to time we had bikes towed in for all different kinds of running problems. Found on most that removing fueler from system the bike would then run with no problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
When working at the Harley dealer, from time to time we had bikes towed in for all different kids of running problems. Found on most that removing fueler from system the bike would then run with no problems...

Thanks for your input. My concern in dis-connecting the fuelpak will lean my bike back out to original condition. Gonna try it anyways, thanks...

Thanks for your input. My concern in dis-connecting the fuelpak will lean my bike back out to original condition. Gonna try it anyways, thanks...

The purpose for disconnecting the Fuelpak is only to verify if it is a problem. You are correct that it will lean the bike out but at least you will know if it its the problem then you can move forward from there.

The purpose for disconnecting the Fuelpak is only to verify if it is a problem. You are correct that it will lean the bike out but at least you will know if it its the problem then you can move forward from there.

Might have found the problem.Checking the modes on the fuelpak, I discovered that mode #20 had changed itself!!( #19-#22 are blank). # 20 changed itself to value #13(of course). And V/H tech support has the weekend off. Thank you again for your assistance and I'll follow up as soon as I get thru to them. Ride safe!!

It is the wires that enter the fuel body, had the same thing happpen to me on my 09 Electra Glide, and now the same thing happend to the Misses 2011 Heritage Classic. Took bikes in and the pins on the harness where it plugs into fuel body where changed out (longer pins). No problems on either bike since. What I found wierd was that mine happened in mid 09, and the Misses like a month ago, seems like they would have fixed it the first time they had a few bikes with this problem. Any how that is where I would start.

It is the wires that enter the fuel body, had the same thing happpen to me on my 09 Electra Glide, and now the same thing happend to the Misses 2011 Heritage Classic. Took bikes in and the pins on the harness where it plugs into fuel body where changed out (longer pins). No problems on either bike since. What I found wierd was that mine happened in mid 09, and the Misses like a month ago, seems like they would have fixed it the first time they had a few bikes with this problem. Any how that is where I would start.

Thanks for the info...

Back