free website stats program Need help (changing handlebar raisers) | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help (changing handlebar raisers)

diver4life

Hi everyone, I need some help here, Im going to change the handle bar raisers on my Dyna and need to know the torque specification for the raisers and the handlebar clamp. (I don't have theservice manual yet).
Thanks in advance.

The first item everyone should purchase, before any other performance stuff or bling, is the Service Manual for their specific year and model of bike. You said "yet" so I'm hoping there's one in your near future!

Next week I will Have it. But can you provide the specs that I asked for ? If it is in the manual that you have. Please. Thanks.

Next week I will Have it. But can you provide the specs that I asked for ? If it is in the manual that you have. Please. Thanks.

I don't have that manual but be patient, someone on this forum should be able to help you out.

Per the manual for an '07 Dyna, page 2-78:

7. Secure handlebars in clamp"
a. Tighten two rear fasteners until cast-in spacers contact risers.
b. Tighten front fasteners to 12-18 ft-lbs (16.3-24.4 Nm).
c. Final tighten rear fasteners to 12-18 ft-lbs (16.3-24.4 Nm). Slight gap between
upper and lower clamps should exist at front
8. Tighten riser fasteners to 30-40 ft-lbs (40.7-54.2 Nm).

Thats perfect! You guys are a great help for those who are starting with Harley bikes. Thanks everybody!

Thats perfect! You guys are a great help for those who are starting with Harley bikes. Thanks everybody!

Keep checking in and reading threads, you'll learn a lot of general knowledge. And, your way of looking at things will probably help someone solve thier problem.:s

Back