free website stats program Need Help 80 spoke wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help 80 spoke wheel

Bubbat450

My Dad bought a Harley 16" 80 spoke front wheel off ebay. He has a 2000 Electra Glide. The wheel did not fit. A local shop tried to make it work but couldn't. After he brought the bike to me I saw on the stock wheel the disc are 6 3/8 apart and on the new wheel they are 6" apart.

This is an HD wheel. What would it fit? I didn't think anything eles had duel front disc.

It sounds like it could be for a Softail Model, What size are the Bearings and what is the Diameter of the Rim? Some Touring Models take these and some Softail Models. Someone else may know for sure on this.

It is a 16" it came with 3/4 bearings and the shop put his 1' stuff in. In the harley book they only make two wheels Softail and touring. I wish someone could post the measurments of a softail disc spaceing.

Yes there is a part number, but its way off from the HD number. The rim is marked with the bar & shield and harley only makes two 80 spoke wheels.

OK..... On the iside of the rim it has (UAM 03-2.6 TH 6-05) in the casting of the hub it has (H-D 05) on one side and (BEHR) (JAW) (Si7) and like I said it has the bar & sheild stamped into the rim.

Would you think that the kit would have spacer for the calipers. I saw that too. That would be the only way it would fit.

I have seen a lot of junk from those plases and this is a sharp looking wheel!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back