free website stats program Need help - 2006 FLHR-I Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help - 2006 FLHR-I Question

Hi all, new to the forums and need a quick question answered.

I have a 2006 FLHR-I and picked up a set of SE slip ons (64985-07A). According to HD website these will fit 07 and up touring bikes. Any idea if these will work on my 06?

Also I am installing a stage-1 kit (29773-02C). Will installing both of these require re-mapping being done on the bike? Pros/Cons?

Thanks in advance for the help/advise.

Mike

That slipon is a little more free flowing then the one designed for your 88ci.
Installing the slipons in conjuction with the stage1 ac will require fuel management

Thanks for the reply...

After I install the slip ons and Stage 1 kit, I'm planning on taking it to the dealer to have it remapped. Is there anything else I need to take into consideration?

Welcome Roadking, they should fit fine, they are fairly quite pipes if that's what your looking for, but does give a good performance upgrade when the intake is opened up with a free flowing air cleaner. You will need a tuner, download or fueler to adj. the fuel map of the bike when you do this. The TFI is very popular on this site and works for most people, it is a fueler, draw back is no rev limit increase and needs to be piggy backed on the system same as V&H power pak. A download is cost efficent but is not adjustable, what you get is what you got, or a super tuner gives the ability to tune your stock Harley ECM, but is costly. There are many other quality tuners out there, some piggy back the system some don't, as well as many other fueler too, if you go with a fueler I would recommend the TFI because of the suport on this forum. Do some resurch and decide what's best for you. So much for a quick answer to your quick question.

Welcome Roadking, they should fit fine, they are fairly quite pipes if that's what your looking for, but does give a good performance upgrade when the intake is opened up with a free flowing air cleaner. You will need a tuner, download or fueler to adj. the fuel map of the bike when you do this. The TFI is very popular on this site and works for most people, it is a fueler, draw back is no rev limit increase and needs to be piggy backed on the system same as V&H power pak. A download is cost efficent but is not adjustable, what you get is what you got, or a super tuner gives the ability to tune your stock Harley ECM, but is costly. There are many other quality tuners out there, some piggy back the system some don't, as well as many other fueler too, if you go with a fueler I would recommend the TFI because of the suport on this forum. Do some resurch and decide what's best for you. So much for a quick answer to your quick question.

Ok, you totally lost me :D

I've got the stage-1 kit and the slip ons and I'm comfortable installing those myself (trying to save a buck on labor) and I'm planning on taking the bike to the dealer to have them do the mapping. Is that all I'll need to do? Will it hurt the bike to ride it to the dealer with the new slip ons and stage 1 kit? The dealership is less than 5 miles away.

Sorry for the dumb questions, I can turn a wrench ok, but when it comes to tuning the ECM, I think I'll leave that to the dealership!

no it wont affect the bike as long as you do not twist that throttle.
the bike will cope for the 5miles needed to get the ECM flashed, then on the way home you can twist that throttle and enjoy the better pick up and response :D

Excellent! Thanks to everyone for the help!

Sorry Roadking, I did not mean to muddy up the waters, I guess my tech was showing, you're going the right route, after hanging around here for a month or so you will not only know what I said, but be able to argue it with me:) Enjoy the ride.

Sorry Roadking, I did not mean to muddy up the waters, I guess my tech was showing, you're going the right route, after hanging around here for a month or so you will not only know what I said, but be able to argue it with me:) Enjoy the ride.

No worries although I doubt I'll pick up enough to argue with anyone, but it is nice to find a place I can bounce ideas off of people with alot more experience than myself.

Which brings me to another question....

I just took my first attempt at removing the stock mufflers off the bike and I've run into a slight problem. I've loosed the muffler clamp and removed the 2 bolts that support the rear of the muffler, but I can't get the thing to budge! Am I missing something? I don't want to force it and break something....

FYI, the bike has 4000 miles on it....

I like to spray a little silicone lube on the joints, then wiggle the mufflers up & down to kinda widen the oppenings a little and then pull while wiggling they should come off, some are harder then others, but don't get mad, remember this is suppose to be fun.
When you get the new mufflers installed, double chech the nuts where the pipes go into the heads and re-torque, not too much or they can break. Have fun and let us know how they sound when you're done.

I like to spray a little silicone lube on the joints, then wiggle the mufflers up & down to kinda widen the oppenings a little and then pull while wiggling they should come off, some are harder then others, but don't get mad, remember this is suppose to be fun.
When you get the new mufflers installed, double chech the nuts where the pipes go into the heads and re-torque, not too much or they can break. Have fun and let us know how they sound when you're done.

That worked like a champ, a little WD40 and some patience :D

Thanks for the tips!

Back