free website stats program Need Big Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Big Help

cefesa

hi - i'm a new member - out of guatemala - local hd
dealer not good.
i have a 2007 883 sportster - 4500 miles on - was running fine till now - now problems : not running smootly - pops;
not burning gas correctly double of gas consumption - blows out dark smoke - all new plugs,filters,oilchangedregularly;
light goes on from computer - said was sensor of airintake - (bosch part pbt-gf816;07-02281/fhc;0261230030)but was not - changed it with a new one - problem persists
cleaned manifold, cleaned sensor of pipes (lot's of soot)-
wow guys - what else to do? pls. some help tks. pete

Possibly a sensor like the Throttle position sensor or a temp sensor if it runs OK when it is cold.

Good call WYW - it is always easier to apologize than asking for permission...especially when dealing with in-warranty service (unless you have a GOOD relationship with your dealer!

Re: combustion

hi - i'm a new member - out of guatemala - local hd
dealer not good.
i have a 2007 883 sportster - 4500 miles on - was running fine till now - now problems : not running smootly - pops;
not burning gas correctly double of gas consumption - blows out dark smoke - all new plugs,filters,oilchangedregularly;
light goes on from computer - said was sensor of airintake - (bosch part pbt-gf816;07-02281/fhc;0261230030)but was not - changed it with a new one - problem persists
cleaned manifold, cleaned sensor of pipes (lot's of soot)-
wow guys - what else to do? pls. some help tks. pete
I had a similar problem with my 1200C. It seems that I had gotten some bad gas and it caused my MAP sensor to go bad. I replaced it and that fixed the problem. What DTC are you getting on the speedometer?

Back