free website stats program Need Advice - 93 XL 1200 for CHEAP | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Advice - 93 XL 1200 for CHEAP

Hey guys,
I have the chance to purchase a built, blueprinted, balanced, thuderstorm setup 1200 engine that has been fully ported and polished for $3500.

I currently own a 1200N that has 84hp and they say this one should be faster. The bike itself could use a major bath but otherwise, it's in total running order.

I am looking to buy this for my gf and build her a bike with the motor and just completely redo the tins and everything else to suit her style and needs.

Is this is bargain???

TIA

EDIT: this bike seems to have every aftermarket part made. Oil cooler, apes, braided cables, wicked two level seat with super high backrest for the passenger and even engine guards.

It's actually at the shop where I had my bike tuned and dyno'd. They have an excellent repuation in the area and nationally. The bike is there because a guy had the bike rebuilt from top to bottom but then didn't want to pay.

They started it up for me and even after sitting for a long while, it kicked on. The owner of the shop said that it's sooo smooth that when riding, it feels like a japanese crotch rocket.

I am thinking this is an absolut steal but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to run into any issues with that year or the tranny.

The bike hasn't even been broken in yet and they said I could take it for a ride. My gf said to just buy it (and put it on her CC...gotta love her) but I was looking for a little advice first.

I fully trust that if ANY issues came up after the purchase the shop would back it up. I have spent over a couple grand with them already and they have been excellent. Eventually, I am going to have my bike built by them as well.

I can take some pics the next time I go...maybe tonight after work. They will be with my camera phone which should come out OK.

I am willing to bet they have all the paperwork on it but I am not totally positive. As I mentioned, they are very reputable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Hobbit. :)

Do you know of any issues with a 93 that I should be aware of?

EDIT: or anything COOL about a 93 that I should be aware of? :)

Yeah, it's not going to break the bank especially since it's going to be on her CC. :p

Screw it, I will get it. When I do, I will give it a good wash and post a few pics up to see what you guys think.

Thanks for the advice and glad I could be your 1400th post. :D

Back