free website stats program Need a replacement carb... | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a replacement carb...

Kansasjase

I've been searching online high and low for a replacement OEM carburetor for my 02 Fatty. The only thing I've been able to find is a Screamin Eagle carb which requires an additional manifold or a Mikuni carb (which I really don't know anything about). I just want a carburetor to get my bike back on the road. Can't even find the HD part number for my carb.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mikuni hsr 42 works well with the evo bikes and they have models to fit the tc bikes i have one on both my dyna and softail needs an adaptor plate to fit a stock air cleaner but does sit on the stock manifold
they work a lot better than the cv carb in my climate as the stock cv suffers a lot here from carb icing
part number for stock carb for your bike 27421-99C

Brian

Last edited:
You may get lucky and find a good one @ a swap meet, I am sure there are lots of take offs still out there, this was a pretty good carb IMO

I too would try ebay, if no luck there than one of the Harley dealers on line may have a take off on the shelf. A fey emails may get you what you need.

I don't really have a problem with the stock carb... just having a hard time finding one.

I just found one through Ronnie's Harley Davidson for $369, looks like a good price. If I'm replacing the carb is it worth switching the Mikuni?

I don't really have a problem with the stock carb... just having a hard time finding one.

I just found one through Ronnie's Harley Davidson for $369, looks like a good price. If I'm replacing the carb is it worth switching the Mikuni?

Fin will probably come back on soon. I have a reworked CV and think it is a great carb, but I've never talked to anyone who has a Mikuni that doesn't love it.

I do like the mikuni works well for me in my climate i did have the softail on a mikuni and the dyna on a stock cv the softail and it was always a wee bit sharper but if it got wet and temp below 60 the dyna would cough and splutter due to icing put a mikuni on the dyna and i now have trouble keeping up with the wife at times her dyna just seems to be a wee bit sharper than my softail fuel consumption has stayed about the same although the dyna has always used a wee bit more fuel than the softail but then perhaps i offer less wind resistance than the wife

Brian

I've been searching online high and low for a replacement OEM carburetor for my 02 Fatty. The only thing I've been able to find is a Screamin Eagle carb which requires an additional manifold or a Mikuni carb (which I really don't know anything about). I just want a carburetor to get my bike back on the road. Can't even find the HD part number for my carb.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Check this out...Lots of 40MM CV carbs here.

harley cv carbs

cv carb items - Get great deals on Parts Accessories

Back