free website stats program Need a measurment | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a measurment

I have an 05 Electra Glide Standard with the 4 channel luggage rack with built in backrest. It was already on the bike when I bought it. The wife would like one a little taller.

I need someone that has the large backrest to measure from the seat to the top of the pad and let me know what it is. Then I'll have to decide if I want to buy another one or make one to fit the four channel rack.

Thanks in advance
Bob

HD site lists the Tall sissy bar to be 2.5 inches taller, but is detachable: PN 52723-06

Don’t have the Tall; Just in case this is helpful:
With an OEM seat off a ‘07 FLHT Classic, from the 4 channel rack (HD PN: 53341-97A) to top of backrest pad is 12 inches. From top of seat to top of backrest pad is 9.5 inches. The pad used for these measurements is PN 52709-97B, 9.5 inches tall and 13.5 inches wide.

Last edited:
I have the Harley parts catolog. I see where it listd the tall backrest is 2.5" taller than the standard backrest. But the $64.00 question is, is the 4 channel racks backrest a standard height backrest or is it shorter?

I have an OEM seat on my 05 FLHT standard and I agree with your measurments. If the 4 channel rack backrest is in fact a standard height one then a tall backrest will work. I may just remove the backrest and make a backrest from heat treated round stock and have it powder coated. That way I can get it the height she likes. I mean after all, if she ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Thanks
Bob

Back