free website stats program Need a little insight on a product | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a little insight on a product

bluefilhd

A buddy of mine just bought his first Harley, 2000 heritage. His wife is not used to riding but enjoys it. She has asked if he'd get the "Butty Buddy" for her seat. So, does anyone have one? What do you think of it? Any suggested alternatives? Thanks for the help, always a lot of great info from this group.
WAP.gif

I have no direct experience with Butty Buddy seats. I have read some reports both pro and con. What I do know is that a comfort item suggested by a passenger (esp. a wife) almost always helps. They feel listed to, and like the product because it is their addition to the bike. The good old adage, "Happy wife, happy life".

Reading some of the online reviews about this product would make me have second thoughts. Some of the reviews concern the safety of something not attached to the bike that can come off if the passenger stands at stops or the bike hits something large enough to unseat the passenger. One reviewer said his passenger actually fell off the bike because the Butty Buddy came off while riding. I would spend the extra $$ and get a seat with a larger passenger area.

Back