free website stats program Need a Fog/passing lamp tool Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a Fog/passing lamp tool Help

BuffaloBill

Hey gang

Purchased a removable "Batwing' for my 09 RKC had an issue with the Fog/Passing lamps clearance I tried to remove the Fog lights in order to relocate them further up front of the mpounting bar but can not seperate them from the turn signal lamp after I used an allen wrench Seems as if the lamp just continuse to turn I read somewhere that there is a "slotted" Socket tool anyone care to make a sugestion to a link?

Frustrated
Bill:(

The "slotted socket" is so the wire to the light will pass through.
Dealerships have/make the tool but otherwise you'll have to cut a slot in a 9/16" socket the get the nut off.

The "slotted socket" is so the wire to the light will pass through.
Dealerships have/make the tool but otherwise you'll have to cut a slot in a 9/16" socket the get the nut off.
Not to sure but does the 9/16th have to be slotted al the way down the deep socket

Need the slot.
Don't see any way around it.
I had to slot a socket so I could loosen the nut and adjust the spots.

Not to sure but does the 9/16th have to be slotted al the way down the deep socket

Just long enough so the wire will fit down it. About the length of the nut. I had to make one to adjust mine also. Or you can look up the Snap-On part # and order one but I think for that one socket it is something like $42.00

Back