free website stats program Neat oil change | Harley Davidson Forums

Neat oil change

glider

Veteran Member
If you take some aluminum foil and triple it over for rigidity to make a trough and place it under the oil filter, the mess on the bike can be almost eliminated and cut down on the clean up time. The oil drains into the drain pan with the bike on the side stand very well.

You can even punch a hole in the oil filter at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions once the foil is under the filter to drain it further minimizing the mess.

Last edited:
If you take some aluminum foil and triple it over for rigidity to make a trough and place it under the oil filter, the mess on the bike can be almost eliminated and cut down on the clean up time. The oil drains into the drain pan with the bike on the side stand very well.

You can even punch a hole in the oil filter at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions once the foil is under the filter to drain it further minimizing the mess.

I've been doing that for years, but for some reason I can't seem to get it right on the '07. It doesn't look like they changed anything, but I can't get the foil all the way under the filter.

Yeah, I'll bet you're right. I just went and bought a drip pan at wally-world. It fits perfectly between the tires, and keeps the floor clean.

Try using a 2 liter bottle cut to fit. Works for me. I cut it long ways enough to fit under the filter and leave the cap on after the filter drains a little.

and after a couple of oil changes,take the alumn. foil throw it on the B.B.Q. grill,put your tortilla shell on it!!! UMMMMM burritos/fahitas with a hint of Mobil 1 and a dash of royal purple!!:bigsmiley40: ha! just joshin'!!!! All great info.!!

ive been using the aluminum duc-tape. its heavy and easy to shape. just take a strip and stick it under the oil filter and let it drain. this was actually a tech trick from kawasaki.:s

Regardless, your going to get some oil on the case. I wipe it up, change the filter, then I spray Brake cleaner around it. It evaporates any residue.

Back