free website stats program name is lenny have a 57 pan and a 2014 dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

name is lenny have a 57 pan and a 2014 dyna

LENNY HARE

does the inner primary need to come off to get the rotor of a 2014 dyna fatbob because its hitting the inner primary when i try. only have a 2008 manual. thanks for any help. already had to buy a torx 70 to get compensating sprocket off, lovin my 57 about now.

Welcome Lenny.
Someone should have the recommendation here to help you with your project.
Good luck on the research and repair.

Some have had success by grinding the inner primary enough to get clearance for the rotor to pass.

Yes you should get a good manual or a goof friend that can wrench to show you.

ooooops GOOD friend

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a dremel to remove the inner primary lower area to gain clearance but you will have aluminum filings going everywhere and you will never remove all of it. But in my opinion take the time and do it right remove the compensator, chain and clutch hub as an assembly then remove the inner primary and do your stator repairs. Get a shop manual so you can have all the torque requirements. Replace the inner primary seal where main shaft passes through the inner primary and replace the seal assembly that seals the inner primary to the engine case. A good time to inspect the chain tensioner. Do the job right once. My opinion. I am sure people will chime in on how they used dremel to gain the required clearance to remove rotor . Just my opinion. Your bike your call. Make sure you have the correct loctite 242/243 blue and 262 red. And bar to stop primary from turning when torque is being applied and proper torque wrenches as good and tight is not an option in this area

Back