free website stats program Mystery Button on EFI Harness Connector | Harley Davidson Forums

Mystery Button on EFI Harness Connector

diggerdaveaz

Account Removed
While attempting to find out why my system isn't charging I've run across numerous other small electrical problems (mostly wire routing). After chasing wires everywhere I ran across a small white button located on top of the EFI harness connector, which is located under the right side cover by the ECM, data link, etc.
Does anybody know what that is?? I can't find any info/pictures anywhere.
I hate pushin' or pullin' on things I'm not sure of, especially electrical. 2002 FLHR-I.
Thanks in advance

:bigsmiley28:

looked in my big service manual that the dealers have. didnt see any buttons .mine is a 2000 rk . hope its a thing they came out in 2002 . just learning on the 2000 sorry

I looked at the schematics for the 2002 FLHR-I and did not see a thing about it.

Your right. It is a Mystery button. :p
A few good pictures may give us a clue.

I'll get some pictures of it soon, I pulled the connector harness away and got a closer look, it looks like some kind of reset button you'd see on an outlet in your house. Yea Hoople I scoured my factory manual also, nothing there. It's a curiousity thing really and I won't be satisified until I figure it out:newsmile030:

I know what you mean.

You know the power on boot test you can perform with the speedo on late model bikes? Well I am still trying to find out what W-O-W stands for in WOW test.
It is not written anywhere that I can find.

The dead give away on that button would be to see which pins it goes to.

Back