free website stats program Mystery Bolt | Harley Davidson Forums

Mystery Bolt

alabiker

image_zpsch7gkbcq.jpeg
I found a bolt in my driveway in the area I usually back my bike out. It's a 3/4 inch T25, pretty good bit of rust on the head, some all over. The head is quite a bit smaller than the ones holding my end-caps on.

I can't find anywhere on the bike it would go. I'm not certain even that it goes on my bike. Any ideas?

With the coarse threads and looking like a self taping screw I would be thinking mower or lawn tractor maybe??

I'll check that. Thanks. Don't even know if it came off of anything of mine, just worried me a little because of where it was.

Does not look like any fastener I have seen on any of my bikes ('91 Dyna, '03 UC, '11 FLSTC, '12 UC).

Cheers,

TQ

That bolt looks pretty rusty and not chrome, I do not think it came off your bike, it is a self tapper it would be for something for sheet metal or holding a bracket to a frame or fender maybe

I found 1 like you did. A mistory bolt, turned out it came off the snow blower while cleaning the garage.
Maybe yours fell out out the tire tread.

This is strange, but I find pennies where ever I go, in my garage there was 1 under the rug by the back door, today there were 2 pennies

Back