free website stats program Myrtle Beach has Helmet law repealed | Harley Davidson Forums

Myrtle Beach has Helmet law repealed

I don't care what they do or say. I will not drop any more money in M.B. period.

myrtle beach is everthang a beach ought not be-- now make no mistake about it -- Horry COUNTY DONT WANT THE BIKER BIZNESS EITHER, although some of em lie and say they do.

I don't care what they do or say. I will not drop any more money in M.B. period.

Why's that HDDon?

I can understand HDDon's position, did you read the article and the quote from their mayor...?

"It's not going to change much," Mayor John Rhodes said. "We've already made it clear we don't support rallies and won't support rallies. We're very pleased that we had very few accidents and no deaths within the city this year during the rallies, and our residents were able to sleep and teachers were able to teach...!"

Kinda takes the blood :16: out of your enthusiasm to go to Myrtle Beach...:(

Why's that HDDon?

There are plenty of events that go our of their way to welcome the biker community. Leesburg Bikefest comes to mind. Why go anywhere that has made it very clear that they no longer want the rally in their town?

There are plenty of events that go our of their way to welcome the biker community. Leesburg Bikefest comes to mind. Why go anywhere that has made it very clear that they no longer want the rally in their town?

I'm with you, Don.

Myrtle Beach is OFF the list but you really should not write off the area... Stay outta MB of course but the grand strand and Murrells Inlet are VERY biker friendly. Suck Bang Blow (sorry moderators, that is the name of the place. SBB in the future) is the biker bar of biker bars and a great place to hang out. The area is great as long as you stick to the grand strand and dont go into MB. A friend of mine is one of the owners of SBB and tells he is part of a business development association to attract and keep bikers, they did a patriotic rally last year and there are plans to do it again.
Dont write off the area just the MB pinheads...

Ken

good point biglew. Thats why i love this forum... we have opinions and we are free to share them. There are a bunches of bike friendly cities out there... ride to them all before we die....

Back