free website stats program My research continues, Road King standard | Harley Davidson Forums

My research continues, Road King standard

Jick Scott

Would like to hear from Road King standard riders that have had their suspensions lowered, both front and rear. I want to eventually own one but the seat is just to tall for my comfort level. Although flat footed when sitting on one, I prefer some extra and I'm looking for a lower center of gravity. Will I loose or gain any better handling from lowering the suspension? If there is anything else you feel would help me with this situation, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Just curious,I find that my EGC has a lower centre of gravity then my old 900 Honda, I figured the RK would just about stand itself up in comparison?

Look into the Sundowner seat from HD. I put one on my '09 RK and the difference was night and day. My feet were already flat on the ground prior to the switch, but the lower seat height made it a lot more comfortable and the bike seems to handle a lot better. Another plus is if your going two-up, the passenger pillion is several inches wider, so the mother of your children will be happier!

From the looks of the seat back, after it compresses from sitting on it, there seems to be not too much room between the bags and your body. JMHO

It does look like a softail seat now.

yhst-81226325006369_2043_0

Exactly what I wanted to hear, 9FLHR. I'm also flat footed on the stock seat, but just not comfortable. The Sundowner seat sounds like just what I'm looking for. I'd prefer not to lower the bike, if it could be avoided with another choice and cheaper (I might add). And mommas comfort is a major concern as well. I've read about the seat in the '09 HD accessories catalog, but they seem to leave out information that would have been more helpful in determining how much lower the seat would be than the stock seat. Thanks again for your help, I sure appreciate everyone's time.

Back