free website stats program My new Wheels From Milwaukee | Harley Davidson Forums

My new Wheels From Milwaukee

joel

Last Saturday While picking up some supplies for the electrical work I'm doing at my daughter's house, A salesperson tells me I need to come into the outside area to check out items on sale.
And so I go out there and I walk around looking at all this crap on sale thinking to myself not a thing looks like it needs to go home with me.
Then on Sunday I need to go back down to get a few more items and my curiosity has got a hold of me. So I go to check things out again. Today they had kitchen appliances cabinets paint lights and a few generators.
Our house was built in 2010, so all the appliances are fairly new, the lights all work and the paint on the walls still look good. But I don't have a generator yet. So I begin to haggle, this generator started out at 899, I got her down to 550.
We don't lose power very often, last time was a couple of years ago. But when we do lose power it's usually for five or more days. So this was more of an impulse,20180915_204427.jpg I want one purchases. Now with winter coming I'm hoping we have a big ol storm and lose power for a few days.
It sure is shiny.

Always good to have some peace of mind stashed in the garage
Reminds me i need to check over mine to make sure it is ready for power cuts first storm of the season is outside right now and it is at least a month early
Only 5 houses here and after a big storm we are last to get the line fixed up to 4 days with the line down i keep the fridges and freezers going with the generator and get the tv working also

Brian

Always a goo thing to have. It probably won't power your entire house but you can keep the freezer and fridge going and maybe a window unit. The power company won't like you if you back feed it into a 220 but you can usually get the whole house going except for a central a/c.
Don't forget to fire it up ~ once a month and I use nothing but pure gas in mine plus stabilizer.

A few years ago we lost power for 1 week. On the 3rd day the inside temp was down to 50 deg. I was able to borrow a 3500 watt unit to run the gas furnace and a few lights but not the electric water heater, I plan on switching it to gas.
This being 7000 watts hopefully it can do the freezer and fridge.
Last time I had to take the freezer to my shop. Seems we are on a more reliable power grid there, being 8 blocks away from power company may help.

A few years ago we lost power for 1 week. On the 3rd day the inside temp was down to 50 deg. I was able to borrow a 3500 watt unit to run the gas furnace and a few lights but not the electric water heater, I plan on switching it to gas.
This being 7000 watts hopefully it can do the freezer and fridge.
Last time I had to take the freezer to my shop. Seems we are on a more reliable power grid there, being 8 blocks away from power company may help.

It should be able to run more than just the frige and freezer. The thing to do is back feed into your house wiring either 110 or 220, it looks like you only have 110 from the outlet pigtail.
Mine is 7500 continuous 9500 peak and I have run everything except my central a/c.
Next year I'm going to add a standby generator, only thing is $ to run it.

When I hooked 1 up to the house I turned off the main breaker, and hooked the cable to the 30 amp breaker for the a/c unit.
This does have the main plug in panel on the front.
20180921_070105.jpg 20180921_070105.jpg 20180921_131054.jpg

When I hooked 1 up to the house I turned off the main breaker, and hooked the cable to the 30 amp breaker for the a/c unit.
This does have the main plug in panel on the front.
View attachment 18272 View attachment 18272 View attachment 18273

Put another 220 plug on your pigtail and plug it into a 220 wall receptacle, turn off the main at your outside breaker, fire up the generator, you will have power throughout the house.

Back