free website stats program My new pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

My new pipes

hotrodjohn

I just put on the American Custom pipes today. I put in the short mid rumble baffles. Wow. I was able to turn up the TFI considerably. Went from 3 to 6 on the accelerator setting and also raised the idle mix a little and the main up from 3 to 4.5. The difference is considerable. I feel the biggest difference in third gear roll on power is much better also the 70 -80 in fifth is much stronger. On the down side I went from 41 to 36 mpg but I was really riding it hard for about 60 miles and then I refilled to get that mpg reading. Need to run thru a few tankfulls. Now if it would ever get warm. 45 degrees on the way home 15 mins ago and left the cold riding gear at home.

I just put those pipes with the mid rumble baffles on my 2011 FLHR yesterday. Also added the V/H Vo2 a/c setup and a Fuelpak. Love the sound of the pipes, can't wait to get out today and see how things have changed:D

Man if this isnt a coinky dink...LOL was just looking at A/C pipes.. had a few questions to ask..First .. Are they all they say they are? Easy on..etc..sounds..changable baffles..
Second and more difficult. I have an 09 EGC
A friend gave me his stock pipes from an 03 RK and said do what I want. Can I send them in to refit. and will they work on my bike? can I put his on my bike while I send my stock pipes in? I have alot of rides scheduled and dont want to be down.

Man if this isnt a coinky dink...LOL was just looking at A/C pipes.. had a few questions to ask..First .. Are they all they say they are? Easy on..etc..sounds..changable baffles..
A friend gave me his stock pipes from an 03 RK and said do what I want. Can I send them in to refit. and will they work on my bike? can I put his on my bike while I send my stock pipes in? I have alot of rides scheduled and dont want to be down.

You can't send back any pipes older than 07, I believe. What they are trying to do is "redo" original pipes and they have to control the quality of pipes being sent back in. The pipes I recieved look brand new and sound just the way I wanted!!! Very happy camper!!

r u handy? Alll I can say is the quality of the product is great. That said I knew when I saw the finished product I could have made them myself. Take a hard look at any after 07 LEFT pipe and modify the right to be the same. You will have to be able to do some cutting and welding but it is simple stupid:D

Glad it's running good, too bad the weather is still cold. But pipe posts are much better with PICS.

Here are the pics

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Back