free website stats program My Helmet's strap melted | Harley Davidson Forums

My Helmet's strap melted

rmarino14

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct area but here it goes. I was out today and as it started to get dark I stopped and changed the lens for my goggles to the clear one. I laid my helmet on the seat and the strap hit the exhaust pipe and melted it.

I bought this helmet a few months ago so I was wondering if I can send out to be fixed or is it trash now? I will be ordering a new one tonight but would like to get this one fixed if it can be.

It's a Bell Drifter helmet.

Thanks,
Bob :(

Thanks, I will email them and see if I get a responce.

I hate when I make STUPID mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I hate when I make STUPID mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I don't think you should think of them as stupid, just a reafermation that you are human.:D

we all make stupid mistakes a couple of years ago I laid my Orange & Black nylon HD jacket on my seat and one of the sleeves fell against the exhaust. now i have three different patches on that sleeve to cover the holes. At least now its easy to tell mine from those that belong to others.

If you've melted the actual helmet strap,then i think your helmet is destined to become a flower pot!
By all means contact Bell,but if you've damaged the strap,i dont think they would condone stitching anything up.

What's you head worth?

If you've melted the actual helmet strap,then i think your helmet is destined to become a flower pot!
By all means contact Bell,but if you've damaged the strap,i dont think they would condone stitching anything up.

What's you head worth?

My wife says not much but I see your point. I emailed them last night so I hope to hear back and see what they have to say. It melted the end of the strap and above the damage a few inches the strap is stitched to the V part. So maybe there's hope.

I already found a place near me that has Bell helmets on clearance for end of season, so I will be heading there today to pick a new one up. But it would be nice to have a spare.

Thanks for all the replies. I know this will not be my last mistake and hopefully they will all be like this one, small.

Now I'm off to clean the melted residue off of my exhaust.

Hey, my dog's name is Murphy....I have a small pillow that says "--the housekeeper is in...! Recovery is part of the painful lessons we learn. Nylon strapping that matches can also be found in fabric store, a bit with sewing machine or needle and tread will complete the deed.

Try your local shoe repair shop too. maybe they can repair the strap. They do have heavy duty sewing machines. so do places such as auto seat repair shops.

Bill

Back