free website stats program My cheapness paid off | Harley Davidson Forums

My cheapness paid off

jamesearl

Had a nice driver tell me I had a light out at a traffic light.It was the left rear turn signal,something I could actually fix.Couldn't find a bulb at any parts stores,so went to the dealer.Was waiting to get checked out and it occurs to me,is this warranty? The shop Mgr. there is a really nice guy,Jimmy,at City Limits in Palatine,Il.So it turns out they are covered for the 2 year original warranty.Imagine that.An unexpected freebee.

As a good scots man I can appreciate that kind of deal however you did pay for it in the price of the bike and had you not claimed it HD would have added the bonus to their profits
I find it hard to imagine that you could not get a turn signal bulb at a parts store the bulb that fits my car fits my bike and wife's bike and wife's car and spare bike however more modern bikes may have different bulbs

Brian

As a good scots man I can appreciate that kind of deal however you did pay for it in the price of the bike and had you not claimed it HD would have added the bonus to their profits
I find it hard to imagine that you could not get a turn signal bulb at a parts store the bulb that fits my car fits my bike and wife's bike and wife's car and spare bike however more modern bikes may have different bulbs

Brian
The bike bulb said 12volts,the parts stores were around half that. Didn't want to take a chance on screwing up the electrics.And I would have had to pay at the parts store,not very canny.

Had a nice driver tell me I had a light out at a traffic light.It was the left rear turn signal,something I could actually fix.Couldn't find a bulb at any parts stores,so went to the dealer.Was waiting to get checked out and it occurs to me,is this warranty? The shop Mgr. there is a really nice guy,Jimmy,at City Limits in Palatine,Il.So it turns out they are covered for the 2 year original warranty.Imagine that.An unexpected freebee.
I think it might be time to buy a lottery ticket! I was putting my exhaust on this morning when I looked down and much to my agony I had pulled oxygen sensor wires out of sensor on rear pipe. I called my local h.d. and they had one. Got over there and realized I had 2 fifty dollar gift cards from my credit card. Only out the gas and time and the guy told me I needed to buy a lottery ticket...So I did! He said they hardly ever have those in stock.

You were not being cheap. Its being frugal. You do ride a Harley by the way......;)

You were not being cheap. Its being frugal. You do ride a Harley by the way......;)
Nothing wrong with being frugal.

jamesearl, for my 08 softail, that bulb is an 1157GE, may or may not be the one for your bike.

1157 is a very popular lamp number, we sell out of them now and then. GE is the brand. Some lamps will have LL after the number, for long life.
Did you have to make an appointment? LOL

The bulb was a Stanley 12v32 /3pcb. But Harley's Part # is 68168-89a. Parts stores had 12.8 volt,8.3 watts.I didn't want anything but the same exact replacement.JP cycles had them,but I needed it right away.

Back