free website stats program My 2009 Ultra w/pics | Harley Davidson Forums

My 2009 Ultra w/pics

nt6977

Happier than a pig in a poke, a dog at a fire hydrant, a sissy in boystown, my feet are still dancing. Get the point yet…hahaha.

This is the best thing since sliced bread. I mean it, it's really a very very nice bike. It’s about time though. I went from a 98 Ultra (65,000 miles on her) to 09 Ultra. Man-o-man what a difference. It’s like butter.

Where do I start?

This is my personal take, so if you don’t agree, sorry.

First the good stuff.

1. Frame. It’s solid as a rock. You feel bumps, but no shifting side to side like on the old girl. Seems to sit a little higher. But that could be the stock seat.
2. Extra gear (6th). With the 98 I always wished I could shift one more time when on the highway. Now I can. Way smoother.
3. Bigger fatter tire on rear. Looks awesome. A great change indeed.
4. Stereo. HC could I say more. I had the enhanced sound system on the 98 and thought it sound good, but dam.

Now the not so good stuff. (But I’m pretty sure she’s a keeper)

1. The key lock. On the 98 you could keep it in locked position with key out and just turn the switch to lock it when you got off. Now I have to take key out of pocket to lock it. Annoying yes, is it a big deal, no. I have the security system on this bike, but I still like to lock the steering up so no one just walks off with it.
2. Seat. Feels like I’m sitting on a wooden bench waiting to go in for the next play. Had the Pillow-Look seat on the 98 and had road 600 to 700 miles in one day. And didn’t feel like my (edit) was on fire.

This is the first time that I really think that I could be a spokesman for the MoCo. Time to get back out in the garage to put more trinkets on her.

Attachments

• DSCN1538.jpg
    DSCN1538.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN1536.jpg
    DSCN1536.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN1539.jpg
    DSCN1539.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1543.jpg
    DSCN1543.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN1540.jpg
    DSCN1540.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!
You had it dam quick!
Thanks for the pictures!
I liked the color, I whished I had seen your bike before ordering mine...
Anyway don't refrain from posting more pictures :p

Live to ride & Ride to live
EasyDoesIt

Back