free website stats program Mustang Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang Seat

wjsjr

I'm considering swapping out my stock HD saddle on the 1999 FLHR for a Mustang 75577.

I'm just curious if anyone out there has any feedback on how comfortable (or not) this seat is?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Bill

I have the 75449 on my '02 FLHT and the 75203 on my '05 FXSTD. I have put in some 500 mile days on both and while any seat is a test on a hot 500 mile day, I can't complain about the Mustang seat. They take some "break in", maybe about 500 miles. I have considered sending one of the seats to Mean City Cycles for the removal of about 1/2"-1" of foam and replacing that with gel but have not done that yet. Most of my rides these days are 300-350 miles and there are no issues at all with either seat. However, if I had a long trip planned that required putting in some 500 mile days, I would probably send the seat to MCC for the gel.

The Mustang seats will also change the riding position a bit; some move the pilot a bit forward, some a bit lower, some a bit higher. I would suggest a call to Mustang and asking those questions before ordering although their return policy and customer service is quite good.

Mustang seat was the best investment I made when I had my Streetbob, as Dolt says it raised me up a bit and a bit back but had a deeper pocket and took a ride from Sturgis to home to break in

For my softail I have 4 seats stock, stock with a gel pad insert, corbin and a mustang once I fitted the mustang I never refitted any of the other seats I do not think I have done more than 400 miles in a day on it but can easily ride a tank full of fuel before stopping for a break

Brian

I'm considering swapping out my stock HD saddle on the 1999 FLHR for a Mustang 75577.

I'm just curious if anyone out there has any feedback on how comfortable (or not) this seat is?

Bill

I had one on my 97 Road King and it was awesome! I put one on my Streetglide and it was horrible so I returned it and still haven't replaced the stock seat on it, though I am looking for suggestions.

I tried 2 different styles of Mustang on my 14 FLHR. In both cases felt like i was sitting on top of the bike and not on it...if that makes sense. Just sat too high for my liking. At the end of the day I purchased a C&C solo and love it. I can ride all day without any butt burn. They have many options for fabric and pattern and were great to work with. They even sent swatches of material for me to look at prior to purchase. Just to be clear I have no financial interest in C&C just a satisfied customer. Good luck in your purchase; a seat is likely the most personal choice of mods to be made.

Bill

Another option for you to consider is sending your seat to Mean City Cycles. Check their website and give them a call. I have one of their modified seats in storage for my '02 FLHT; ridden once. My wife prefers the Mustang pillon so after one ride, it came off; I will let it go cheap. If interested PM me and I will send pictures and details of how the seat was modified.

Have owned several Mustang seats and currently have one on my '99 Ultra and on my '82 FXR. Great seats, extend your saddle time and are competitively priced.

I tried 2 different styles of Mustang on my 14 FLHR. In both cases felt like i was sitting on top of the bike and not on it...if that makes sense. Just sat too high for my liking. At the end of the day I purchased a C&C solo and love it. I can ride all day without any butt burn. They have many options for fabric and pattern and were great to work with. They even sent swatches of material for me to look at prior to purchase. Just to be clear I have no financial interest in C&C just a satisfied customer. Good luck in your purchase; a seat is likely the most personal choice of mods to be made.

Exactly the same feeling from me on my 2014 Streetglide with the Mustang seat. It also pushed me further forward. That's what I really didn't like!
Who is C+C? Thanks.

CC Motorcycle Seats

Here's the link. Give them a look. They have LOTS of pics of different seats on various bikes. Almost went with a Corbin again as I has good success with them previously on my Triumph Trophy III and 06SG. But have to say I am liking this C&C better.

Back