free website stats program Mustang Seat 764048 on a FXSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang Seat 764048 on a FXSTC

robermv32

Getting ready for a new riding season. I have a 2008 FXSTC and I've put on 23,000 miles. Planning a trip to Sturgis this summer, 3600 mile round trip. I'm wondering if anyone has exchanged the stock seat off the Softail Custom with a Mustang Seat. If so, which one. It needs to have the two bolts that fit the sissy bar. Any information will be appreciated.

I changed out my stock seat with the Sundowner Deep Bucket. I did swap out the stock backrest with the HD mid height and pad. The stock backrest can still be used though, my Sundowner mounts to the rear fender with a bolt kit the same as other aftermarket seats. The mounting hole is already in your rear fender and has a plug in it now (it is the same hole the luggage rack mounts to). I also have a 2008 FXSTC. I'm sure you will be much more comfortable in whatever seat you choose, the Sundowner has been a fantastic upgrade in comfort for both my wife & me...
Remember, Ride Safe...

Thank you pawpaw01. I would love to see some pictures of your ride with the sundowner. That small shot just doesn't do it for me. Thanks for the info.. I had a luggage rack installed already so maybe that's the way to go.

I don't have many pics but I will try to attach a couple. Sorry that they don't really show the seat very well...

Attachments

• cycle6.jpg
    cycle6.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 20
  • cycle4.jpg
    cycle4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 16
  • cycle5.jpg
    cycle5.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 20
Back