free website stats program Must-Have Tools? | Harley Davidson Forums

Must-Have Tools?

Nikko684

This is more of an opinions thread I guess, But anyways, I was wondering something. What tools do you guys consider a Must-Have in your garage for working on your scoot? aside from the normal things like, ratchets and screwdrivers, zip ties and wrenches? I mean specific tools that make the job easier. even hand made tools. Post a picture if it's something different or odd! For instance a hand made motorcycle lift. I know torque wrench is a must have. What else? recommendations? reviews on brands? etc..

Not that it's a tool but a can or two of sea foam, run a oz or 2 every 3rd tank and your scoot will thank you.:s

I tend to have some wood laying around and at times build something if I need it
Compressor with a range of air tools (my compressor is a v twin)
Wrecking bar
Large C clamp various uses

And lots of other stuff as many things can be adapted or misused to get a task completed

Brian

I'm no wrench,but in my saddlebags I keep a 1/2 in,and 7/16 wrench.Set of torx,and allen wrenches.Which is almost all the tools I have.

I keep seeing this "sea foam" pop up in multiple threads. I have never heard of it. What does it do exactly?

The rest of you guys thus far, thats good stuff. exactly what I'm looking for. Good stuff, man. I have torx bits and a nice ratchet set, as well as numerous screwdrivers but nothing special.

Seafoam has been around a long time, it is a great top end cleaner, try some in your gas tank:s Homepage - Sea Foam Sales Company

Last edited by a moderator:
Back