free website stats program mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

mufflers

the best sounding slip ons for 88 twin cam

S/E street performance touring muffs sound great on stock header pipes(04 FLHTC) but I don't like the sound of them with true duals, they sound like the baffles are rattleing around inside the muffs. Anyone else notice this ?:57:

Rush mufflers are ok, that is what I have, but I really like the reinharts, Vance and Hines, but like everyone says, you gotta decide for yourself.

I agree with Steve07, go somewhere and listen to as many as possable, a set of mufflers that one person loves another will hate. Customizing a Harley is a personal choice, asking what muffler sounds best is like asking what color looks best. Performance wise any good muffler will perform well, so fine a set that sounds good to you and you'll be happy.

check out the forum here and find some of the many exhaust clips we have posted. Like it has already been stated - personal choice on sound bro!! one man's wine is another mans sour grapes!!!

I have the new SE Nightstick / Super trap on my Bike with stage 1. It is quieter than my olf Thunder Header I had on my Fat Boy at idle and Touring speeds. But when I jump on it, it has a very nice loud sound to it. I wonder how it would sound with header and no cats. Can't seem to locate just headers for my bike yet. Anyone Know?

I got me some Hooker Tuned-Flow Slip-Ons. Very gratifying performance and sound to go with it.

Enjoy,
Rich P

DEEP. I like to feel the ground shake. Or when you stand behind the bike running you can feel the concussion from the ground. I like that.

Back